What’s on this week in Barcelona: 9 – 15 May
Monday, 9th May
- Cine Verdi: Cines Verdi is a 5-screen cinema in uptown Barcelona in the Gracia area. The films on show are a mixture of new releases and art house and are released in their original version with subtitles. Normal tickets cost € 7.50 but every Monday they offer them for only € 4.50. You can buy the tickets online or at the venue. Here you find the program for this week. (venue: Cine Verdi, Calle Verdi 32)
Tuesday, 10th May
- Antic Teatre: Today the sun will be out again! Great opportunity to check out the beautiful hidden garden of the Antic Teatre in the Born area. Have a drink, a chat with your friends and try to do your Spanish homework 🙂 Carrer Verdaguer i Callís 12, Born (Metro Universitat)
Wednesday, 11th May
- Ryoko live + Casi Baile dj at NIU: Step out of your comfort zone in the Barcelona city centre and travel down to Niu in Poble Nou. Niu is a small creative place where they organize tons of cultural activities such as urban movies and lots of live music for free!! This Wednesday there is a live DJ playing, he will start at 20:00. Niu, Almogàvers 208 (Metro Llacuna).
Thursday, 12th May
- Visit Hospital Sant Pau:Sant Pau, the Europe’s largest Art Nouveau Site, is one of the crowning achievements of the architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner. A visit to Sant Pau takes you right inside the spirit of Modernisme and the history of one of Europe’s oldest hospital institutions. The Site will be open for self-guided visits between 10:00 and 18:30, from Monday to Saturday, and between 10:00 and 14:30 on Sundays and public holidays. Check here for the guided tour timetable. Hospital Sant Pau, Carrer Sant Antoni Maria Claret 167, (Metro Sant Pau / Dos de Maig).
Friday, 13th May
- Concerts and DJ sessions at Terrazza Martini: 13th to the 15th of May. Everyday from 12:00 to 22:00, free entrance, limited access. From 19:00 you can have an appetizer during your dance moves prepared by La Cala de Albert Adrià Terrazza Martini, Port Vell de Barcelona (Metro Barceloneta) Click here for more info.
- Nora Norman at Barts: Neo soul, soul, funk, blues. Born in Sabadell and settled in Madrid, Nora Norman became known, thanks to her wonderful soul voice, in early 2013 when several YouTube videos caught the attention of festivals like Mulafest and the Spanish newspaper “El Pais”. Go and check out this beautiful talented lady. Barts, Avinguda del Paral·lel 62 (metro Paral·lel / Poble Sec).
Saturday, 14th May
- EatStreet: The fourth edition of EatStreet is celebrated on Saturday 14th (12:00h – 23:00h) and Sunday 15th (12:00h – 18:00h). With new chefs and culinary activities. Each chef cooks, or brings a special dish for us to be the first to try out. Nau Bostik, carrer Ferran Turné 11 (Metro La Sagrera L1 – Salida Jardins d’Elx, L5 – Salida Garcilaso).
Sunday, 15th May
- SoundEat!: Enjoy the Music and Streetfood at Plaza de les Glòries (Metro Glòries) from 12:00 to 23:00 , free entrance. Click here for more info.
Jason has been playing guitar for over 15 years and teaching music since 1996. Although trained in standard teaching methods, he has developed his own method of teaching to positively enhance the students strength, dexterity, ear-training, memorization and techniques. His goal as a teacher is specifically designed to help you achieve your goals as an artist and a musician.
This year Jason was also the Music Director at the National Guitar Workshop Day Jams Rock Music Day Camp where students ages 7-15 came out to form bands, record original material and master their craft. He also taught beginning to advanced guitar/ vocals/ performance and songwri
ting as hosted a recording clinic at the end of each day.
Jason has host student showcases/charity benefits where his students were able to get on stage and show off their new talent and perform with other musicians. It wasn't mandatory though, if you were just looking to come out and support there was no pressure other than to come out and have fun.
Jason has been transcribing for guitar and bass since the age of 18 and since then has become a master of the craft including both 5 line staff and tablature, hand-crafted exercises and deconstructions to better enhance the students learning. Artists and genres that Jason has experience with range from Classic Rock, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Guns N' Roses, Santana, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Robert Johnson, Pierce the Veil, Paramore, All Time Low, Demi Lava to, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Pantera, Avenged Sevenfold, The White Stripes, Green Day, Old Crow Medicine Show, Taylor Swift, Mumford and Sons, Bruno Mars, Rob Zombie, John 5, Audioslave, Rage Against the Machine, Van Morrison, the Beatles, AC/DC, ZZ-Top, Bullet For My Valentine, All That Remains, Ozzy, Black Label Society, Sublime, Aerosmith, At the Drive In, Type O Negative, the Black Keys, the Pixies, the Toadies, Black Sabbath, Jason Mraz, Lady GaGa, John Mayer and Journey.
Jason attended the University of Alaska, Anchorage where his degree is in Music and Business. He is constantly continuing his education with music theory courses as well as private guitar instruction. He attends guitar workshops and seminars by artists such as John5 and Kerry King who are known as some of the worlds finest guitar players. He reviews every day from a wide range of over 1000 sources working to become a better musician and instructor.
Another nice feature that you might enjoy from one on one sessions with Jason is learning the ability to craft and record your own songs using state of the art technology that caters to your own unique personality. There are no limits!
Jason teaches all experience levels from beginner to intermediate and advanced as well as artists that are signed to labels.
Local news outlet Fox 5 did a segment with one of his students who overcame issues with ADD and depression as a result of taking guitar lessons.
His students advance quickly, some have released albums, been in Guitar World Magazine as well as its online companion and won awards for their music websites.
*** Lesson Details ***
Lessons are scheduled to best fit to the student's schedule when possible.
Students receive complimentary audio lessons and transcriptions of songs upon their first or second session. Jason is a very patient instructor and understands that students learn at a different pace, after all everyone is an individual.
*** Studio Equipment ***
ESP KH2 "skully" Kirk Hammett signature model Electric
Epiphone Zakk Wylde signature model Electric
Schecter SLS Blackjack Special Edition Avenger with Â©Sustainiac
Schecter Blackjack ATX 7-string
Jackson Randy Rhodes V
Fender '51 Pawn Shop Series
G&L S-500 custom Electric
ESP LTD AX-50 "banjo" Electric
ESP LTD AX-50 "guitar"
Fender Squire John 5 signature model
Yamaha Acoustic (left and right handed)
Voyage-Air Guitar Acoustic
Fender Squire Bass
Dean Vendetta Electric
Dean Dime Razorback
B.C. Rich Warlock
Guitar Pro 6
KRK Rokits speakers
Line 6 AXSYS212 Amp
Scott Ian Randall Amp
Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Whammy/Bad Monkey/Death Metal/Grunge pedals
Ibanez Chorus/Flanger Delay/Echo
Line 6 Backtrack
Drum sticks and practice pad
Multi-angle cameras for online students
*** Travel Equipment ***
Voyage-Air Guitar (Acoustic)
Laptop with ProTools/Backtrack or Guitar Pro 6
Scott Ian Randall Amp
Various guitars depending on project or mood.
*** Specialties ***
piano, guitar, music theory, music, bass guitar, banjo, songwriting, electric guitar, acoustic guitar,