Get in a nice, neat, comfortable spot where you can relax and not have any distractions. This will help you focus better.
Get a snack while you're working to give you a little something else to do. A fun way to reward yourself for doing homework is getting a snack/food you love, and then each time you finish a problem or pass a certain point you can take a bite!
If you're too hot or too cold you will be uncomfortable. Make sure your room is a temperature you're comfortable in.
Pretend! Pretend you are a teacher, and you're asking the students questions. If you're doing Math, it may be helpful to get a dry-erase board and write the problems on there. This will make your work very productive, if you're a visual/color learner.
Every 30-45 minutes, take a 5-10 minute break to keep you awake and not let yourself get too bored. Set a timer so when it goes off, you're back and ready to work some more! Don't get yourself burned out. It is VITAL to take breaks, but don't forget about your homework!
You can find a study partner. Study partners can be really good, or really bad. Make sure your friend is willing to buckle down and do the homework. If you and your partner talk too much, then your homework will never get done!
- Stay before or after school to get extra help from teachers. It may not seem fun, but it will make the homework much easier. Your grades will suffer if you don't understand what's going on!
- If you have a study partner, as mentioned above, you can ask them if they understand it.
- Another option is to look up how-to videos online, if it is something like Science or Math.
Turn off electronics which can keep you distracted. Unless of course you're using the internet for help. However, beware of ads! They will suck you in and get you very distracted.
Don't leave it hanging! A good time to do homework is as soon as you can otherwise it will drag and you will end up thinking "oh, i can't be bothered really!".
If you’re anything like me, you listen to music pretty much all day long. I always listen to music when I’m doing homework, especially if it’s somewhere on campus so that I can drown out all other noises. The problem is that a lot of music can be distracting when you’re already struggling to stay focused. That’s why I’ve made this list. These are the songs that I’ve found that are least intrusive. Many of them have no lyrics at all. A lot of them also possess a motivational tone that will help keep you from passing out at your computer. Enjoy!
Best 15 Songs: To do homework to
- Jelly 292 –Jimi Hendrix
- Ocean –John Butler Trio
- Lenny –Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Ad Astra Per Aspera –Acceptance
- Out of My Mind- John Mayer
- For Martha –Smashing Pumpkins
- The Birth and Death of the Day –Explosions in the Sky
- Waltz Into the Moonlight –Tryad
- Catfish Blues –Jimi Hendrix
- Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX) –Pink Floyd
- Guilty Cubicles –Broken Social Scene
- Canon. –Zox
- Svefn-G-Englar –Sigur Rós
- Red-Eye –The Album Leaf
- Myke Ptsyon –Starfucker
Acacia DiCiaccio can be reached at .